Practice areaFinancial supervisionThe supervision of financial institutions or undertakings that are involved in the issue of financial products is becoming increasingly important. Financial institutions have been confronted over the past years with a large quantity of new regulations. At the same time, raising capital is restricted ever further. The Financial Supervision Act and the related decrees, guidelines and European legislation are subject to change on a daily basis. Activities are quickly subject to the obligation of having a permit. This renders sound and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations indispensable.
Dirkzwager offers this knowledge and we assist our clients in a wide range of matters related to financial regulatory law. We are aware in this connection of the interests that are or may be at play at our clients and the relationship they have with the supervisory authorities. We advise our clients proactively about relevant developments such as: MiFID II, AIFMD, Payment Services Directive (PSD II), Solvency II, the Mortgage Credit Directive, PRIPs, IMD2 and the new pension regulations.
Our activities respond to current developments and consist inter alia of:
- issuing advice concerning market entry and product development;
- structuring and supervising the issue of securities;
- forming investment funds and other investment structures;
- drawing up or assessing relevant documentation such as cooperation agreements;
- issuing advice about new and existing regulations;
- issuing advice during debates with the supervisory authorities;
- conducting specialist proceedings.